luni, 2 august 2010

Russian Fashion: My ethnicity

I believe that everyone should embrace their culture and incorporate it in their style. I am of Russian ethnicity, I have lived in Saint Petersburg and I would like to share my culture with you.

When it comes to fashion I think that the main word is OPULENCE, Russians love rich colors that are combined with stones and expensive materials. They are all about exageration and about showing of. Russian women are so beautiful not because they are born that way, but because they are very careful about what they put on themselves and they dedicate a lot of time in taking care of themselves.




In modeling, the Eastern European look is very appreciated right now and an example of that is the supermodel Natalia Vodianova. She has found in fashion not only a hobby, but an escape from poverty. After having to sell fruit on the street she started her modeling career at 15 and her wish to succeed was so big that she learned English in only 3 months


On the designer scene I have noticed Yulia Sarkisova as an emerging designer that stays true to the Russian traditions. Here are a few images from her Spring/Summer 2010 Collection presented at the Moscow Fashion Week.




On a international level, the Russian fashion style has been celebrated in 2009 by Channel in a collection that exuberated the Russion spirit and traditions. It was the Russian life being updated.


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu