joi, 23 septembrie 2010

Emerging Romanian Fashion Icon: Medeea Iancu


Every few years there always appears someone new in the fashion spotlight that is promising enough to change it. Medeea Iancu could be promising enough to create such a change. Reminiscent of Coco Chanel, Medeea has her own thoughts about fashion and art.

Q: Could you please tell us a little about yourself?
A: Most of all I love creating my own world using colors and textures .I'm a painter and an art hunter too and for me every day is a new game and it's more and more interesting hehe.

Q: How did you discover your interest for fashion?
A: Well...I discovered this kind of attraction when I was a child and I used to play with my Barbies hehe..They were my models and I was their designer .It was a good game and a good start.

Q: What’s more important, following the trends or your own personal style? How would you describe your own style?
A: It's very important to have your own style and of course you can follow the trends and adapt them in your own way. My style depends on my mood..I love punk, rock, hippie and bohemian gypsy influences. I love also relaxed outfits , large T-shirts, Jeans, boots and converse shoes.

Q: What is your favorite fashion icon and why?
A: My favorite fashion icons are Catherine Baba and Kate Moss,for their fine taste and just beacase they are absolutely fabulous. Chaterine Baba has a style which has its own place in the contemporary fashion,very elegant, glamouros and feminine. Kate Moss is a unique trendsetter who likes to mix vintage and other styles of clothing together to create unusual looks.


Q: What makes a woman beautiful?
A: First of all a woman is beautiful when is natural and simple.As Leonardo da Vinci used to say

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” Unfotunately many women forget how important this is..and untill vulgarity is a small step.

Q: In Romania due to the financial crisis many girls have to put a budget on fashion. Where do you suggest shopping for cost friendly items? Places like vintage fairs, or from young designers, etc...
A: I suggest shopping in vintage fairs and second hand stores or Zara, Bershka, Stradivarius, Pull and Bear, Tomka, Outwear, H&M, Topshop.You can find also unique outfits in designer boutiques and concept stores. Online shopping is also a good way to find interesting pieces.

Q: And finally, what are the major trends that you suggest to follow this autumn?
A: For this season I suggest trying to remember the beautiful summer and wearing red,camel,violet,and khaki .Fall winter 2010 -2011 comes with a lot of new trends:
High collars, maxi dresses, military, patchwork, poncho, wide pants, fur.

















Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu